Become a PNG-Accredited Precious Metals Dealer
A PNG-Accredited Precious Metals Dealer membership will greatly enhance your stature within the precious metals marketplace. Many retail precious metals buyers and sellers are not familiar with numismatics, and therefore are not fully aware of the important relationship between numismatics and precious metals.
At the PNG, we feel that a working knowledge of numismatics should be a prerequisite for all professional precious metal dealers. For both markets, additional endorsement as a PNG-Accredited Precious Metals Dealer will position you a cut above the rest.
Our efforts to educate and protect the consumer and raise the level of professionalism in our business have been a credit to the hobby since the PNG was founded in 1955. When paired with the standard of excellence associated with your PNG membership, becoming an Accredited Precious Metals Dealer will give your potential clients the confidence they are looking for when purchasing precious metals.
To apply for accreditation to the PNG-APMD, an applicant must:
- Be a Full Member of the Professional Numismatists Guild.
- Be at least 21 years of age and have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a precious metals dealer.
- Have annual retail sales of precious metals totaling a minimum of $100,000.
- Have a net worth of at least $250,000.
- Agree by signature to abide by the APMD Code of Ethics.
- Agree to submit to legally binding arbitration to settle any dispute relating to the purchase, sale or trade of precious metal items.
Applicants will be screened by the Board of Directors, and once accepted
will pay annual dues in the amount of $300.
If you are an existing PNG member and wish to apply for precious metals dealer accreditation, please click the Download APMD Application button to download the application. If you are not a member of the PNG and would like additional information on joining, see our Join PNG page.