Becoming an Accredited Precious Metals Dealer will enhance your stature within the precious metals marketplace. There is a world of retail precious metals buyers who are unfamiliar with numismatics. For that market, additional endorsement as an Accredited Precious Metals Dealer will set you apart. Our efforts to educate and protect the consumer, and to raise the level of professionalism in our business, have been a credit to the hobby since our founding in 1955.
When paired with the existing reputation and the standard of excellence associated with the PNG, becoming an Accredited Precious Metals Dealer will afford potential clients, and in particular those with no numismatic knowledge or experience, the confidence they are looking for when purchasing precious metals.
To apply for accreditation, applicants must:
- Be a Full Member of the Professional Numismatists Guild.
- Be at least 21 years of age and have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a precious metals dealer.
- Have annual retail sales of precious metals totaling a minimum of $100,000.
- Have a net worth of at least $250,000.
- Agree by signature to abide by the APMD Code of Ethics.
- Agree to submit to legally binding arbitration to settle any dispute relating to the purchase, sale or trade of precious metals items.
Applicants will be screened by the Board of Directors, and once accepted, will pay annual dues in the amount of $300.
If you are an existing PNG member and wish to apply for accreditation, please click here to download the application.
If you are not a member of the PNG and would like additional information on joining, see our Join PNG page.